No show appointment is far from being an exceptional case. Today, so many hair salons have this problem.
This is a major and recurring issue: the client does not show up at the appointed, he does not inform you and is generally unreachable. The consequences are serious. You are wasting time, money and turn you in a bad mood.
Here is a situation that must clearly stop. The no-show rate must not exceed 5%. Beyond, these absences affect the productivity of the company.
To overcome with no-show appointments, some measures are required.
With the support of your team, you will be able to detect, manage and reduce these unfortunate incidents.
1 Take precautions
- During the booking process always take the customer's phone number. You can thus call him back and understand why he did nit show of (forgetfulness, big delay). On the other hand this gives you a chance to anticipate the next customer appointment to optimize your time.
In cooperation with your team, make a blacklist to note the "no show" customers. Once a client makes an appointment, check the list and make sure he is not part of it.
- Don't take new customer during busy time. It will be a real mess for your organisation. Try to find a more quiet time on your schedule.
2 Start the action
- In some cases you can ask to the customers a down payment. For example if they need a long and expensive service (High-light, color, hair up ...), it will be kept in case of absence. If you are not comfortable asking for a deposit, invite the customer to come for a diagnosis. You will be able to test his punctuality and his seriousness. If a client who did a no-show wants to book again an appointment, do not be afraid to ask him a deposit. Explain to him the inconvenience that you incur, if he is serious, he will understand.
- Send an electronic reminder. It is a very effective way to overcome the forgetfulness! If you want to inform each of your customers, you can use automated text messages system. Otherwise, call the customer directly the day before the appointment to ask for confirmation.
- Most of your new customers are curious to know about your hair salon and will usually search on the Internet. However, if your company is not well represented it can inhibited their enthusiasm and increase the rate of absenteeism. Highlight your company simply and effectively with MagentaL. Register your hair salon for free in the listing and enjoy optimal visibility on the web. SEE THE HAIRDRESSING LIST
3 Be respected
- Educate your customers .Try to be ponctual and serious as possible. Customers will behave the same way with you.
- Make them understand the inconvenience they caused. They must know that your time is precious and that other customers would have been happy to come in during this time slot.
- Try to understand why the client didn't show up. If it's an oversight, a misunderstanding about the date you can then act accordingly for the next appointment.
- Create a trustful relationship. Do not systematically ask for a deposit (only in special occasions mentioned above). Some manager requires 10 to 20% of the service as a down payment. This cancellation policy can frighten customers and create an embarrassing situation. It’s better to optimize your customer relationships and try to detect bad clients.